Treating acne is easier when you know the causes leading to acne development on your face or body. Acne is a distressing skin condition and like all other skin-related problems, it takes a while to fade out. The key to curing acne is patience and discipline. When you are not consistent about following the treatment, the acnes will continue to erupt.
What is acne: Acne is basically derived from a Greek term “akme” which signifies a spot or point. The disease typically involves the formation of pimples on your skin because of the over secretion of oil glands. Although this may not be dangerous medically; you are likely to get scars when these erupt. The skin has small pores that are connected with the oil glands present under the skin through follicles. They produce a liquid called sebum which then transports dead skin cells to the skin surface through these follicles. When these get chocked, pimples tend to form on one’s face, back, shoulders, neck and chest. Pimples may be of different types like blackheads, whiteheads, nobules and papules, pustules and cysts.
Causes of acne: The development of acne can be attributed to many causes but one is never sure what truly causes it. Some experts feel that the cause lies in a sudden rise in an individual’s androgen levels. This hormone is found to increase especially during puberty, causing oil glands to expand. These enlarged glands begin to secrete more oil and the excessive sebum then breaks down the cellular walls of the skin pores making it convenient for bacteria to grow. Many others believe that the cause is genetic. The use of greasy cosmetics is identified as another cause for acne growth. Pregnancy in women causes many hormonal changes in the body which may also be responsible for acne.
Exposed Skin Care Offers some great products to get rid of acne.
Tips to get rid of acne naturally:
- To get rid of acne fast, it is important to take care of your hygiene. Washing the face twice during the day is highly recommended. You should ideally use a mild soap and relatively warm water when cleaning the face.
- Drinking plenty of water is advisable because when the skin is hydrated, acnes will be less.
- Getting proper sleep for at least eight hours every night can help control acne growth.
- You should never try to burst the pimples because this may worsen the infection causing greater blockage. It is best to ask a specialist to treat the acne when you need an urgent remedy.
- Refrain from touching the face using your hands and remember to keep them clean at all times. Washing hands is absolutely essential before applying any lotion or make-up.
- To let the skin breathe easily, you should wear loose garments.
- Keeping the hair clean is also important to treat acne and preventing them appearing on your face.
When your acne problem is acute, it is better to get it treated with medicines. Some medications may prove effective, but one should not use these without a doctor’s advice. A medicine which is not suited for your condition can do you more harm than good. Surgical procedures like excision surgery, laser surgery and chemical surgery are also resorted to by those looking for permanent and quick results. You can also have regular facials because these help to deep cleanse your skin pores. So, a combination of these suggested remedies can help you get rid of acne fast.